Faurecia, one of the world's leading automotive equipment suppliers, will be exhibiting its innovative technologies for sustainable mobility and smart life on board at the 17th Shanghai International Automobile Industry Exhibition (Auto Shanghai 2017), which will be held from April 19-28, 2017 in Shanghai.
Anticipating the increasing demands for connectivity, intelligence and sustainability, Faurecia is accelerating its transformation towards becoming an innovation-driven technology company. The Group is building up an enlarged innovation ecosystem that incorporates academic research establishments, industrial partnerships and investment in start-ups through Faurecia Ventures, the Group’s new investment vehicle.
To fully reflect the Group’s strategic evolution and new ambition, Faurecia reshaped the brand tagline as Inspiring Mobility as well as new logo, which is adapted in Chinese to be “Unity of Intelligence and Mobility”.
Faurecia has been operating in China for over 20 years and had sales in 2016 of 2,8 billion euros. Faurecia’s focus is to accelerate its sales with the fast-growing Chinese OEMs. To this end it has several important joint ventures such as those with Dongfeng and Chang’An for interiors and seating. These two joint ventures are anticipated to have 2.5 billion euros of sales by 2020. In addition in 2016 Faurecia acquired Changpeng (interior acoustics specialist) and developed a partnership with Yinlung for Clean Mobility field and with Borgward for SUVs all of which provide additional growth opportunities. Faurecia is fully on track to achieve 20% of its sales with Chinese OEMs by 2018 and 30% by 2020 and in addition the Group targets that the fast growing SUV segment will represent 50% of its sales in 2020. Faurecia currently employs 16,000 people, including 1,000 engineers, and operates 44 factories as well as 4 R&D centers.
Patrik Koller, Faurecia CEO declares: ”we are very proud to demonstrate our very latest technologies for Smart life on board and Sustainable mobility at the Shanghai Auto Show. The Chinese market and in particular Chinese OEMs are a major priority for Faurecia. Our history in the region, our strategic partnerships and our ability to deliver high standard quality products will help us to achieve our strong growth ambition and our objective to become a key partner to Chinese OEMs.”
At the Auto Shanghai 2017, Faurecia exhibits will feature Inspiring Mobility with a focus on two key areas:
- Sustainable Mobility represents Faurecia is driving improvement in air quality and fuel economy with a combination of lightweight technologies, emissions reduction solutions and energy recovery systems in response to new regulations for passenger and commercial vehicles and high horsepower engines.
- Smart Life on Board represents Faurecia is transforming the on-board experience for the vehicle of tomorrow, with a strong focus on HMIs, comfort and safety. Faurecia‘s versatile cockpit of the future is adaptable to its occupants’ needs and predictive for improved safety, comfort and convenience, enhancing connectivity for smart life on board.
Some of the highlights of Faurecia’s innovative solutions and products exhibited at the Auto Shanghai 2017 include:
· “Virtual Reality” cockpit of the future experience: a demonstration of how the cockpit of the future will be connected, versatile and predictive as autonomous driving mode becomes a reality.
· Smart surfaces: A number of demonstrators on the stand show Faurecia’s expertise in integrating electronics, displays and decoration parts into the vehicle for an innovative HMI and connectivity experience. FUSION is a collection of decoration technologies aimed at merging electronics and HMI with a wide variety of interior surface materials. In addition the “smart pebbles” use integrated electronics, mechatronics and new materials for a life on board experience including an adaptable interior with additional retractable tablets and screens for autonomous driving mode and intuitive control of functions such as ambient lighting, ventilation, and active screens.
· Parrot Automotive: for the first time and following the recently announced partnership between Faurecia and Parrot Automotive the connectivity and infotainment specialist will be present for the first time at the Shanghai Auto show with its “Simple Box”. This gives a connected infotainment with special features such as a digital TV tuner, media broadcast, entertainment, easy access to download apps, …
· Active Wellness™ 2.0: a second-generation smart seat that measures a dozen of the driver’s biological and behavioral points through embedded sensors and optical devices, taking measures to counteract drowsiness or stress and preparing the driver to re-engage with the vehicle when leaving autonomous mode.
· ASDS™ (Ammonia Storage and Distribution System) is an optimized air quality solution proven to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions by up to 99 percent in diesel buses. Comparing with conventional approach, ASDS™ demonstrates a significantly higher NOx conversion efficiency at much lower exhaust temperatures and no deposits formed in the exhaust line.
· Bio Garden: a living garden of plants (flax, industrial hemp and Asian spruce) used in lightweight, sustainable materials for interiors and show the evolution of Faurecia’s biomaterials over the past 25 years. Weighing up to 45% less than standard materials, they improve fuel economy and air quality.
Faurecia’s booth is located in Hall 5.2 STAND 5 BF 051 at the Auto Shanghai 2017. A press conference with Faurecia CEO, Patrick Koller, will be held on the Faurecia booth on April 20, at 9:30 am.
Faurecia is one of the world's largest automotive equipment suppliers, with three key Business Groups: Seating, Clean Mobility and Interiors Systems. In 2016, the Group posted total sales of €18.7 billion. At December 31, 2016, Faurecia employed 100,000 people in 34 countries at 300 sites and 30 R&D centers. Faurecia is listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris stock exchange and trades in the U.S. over-the-counter (OTC) market.
Faurecia has been operating in China for over 20 years and has developed fast within China’s booming automotive industry and considers the Chinese market a major priority. It currently employs 16,000 people, including 1,000 engineers, and operates 44 factories as well as 4 R&D centers.
CEO - Faurecia
Mr. Patrick Koller serves as Chief Executive Officer of Faurecia S.A. since July 1, 2016. Mr. Koller served as the Chief Operating Officer of Faurecia S.A. since February 2, 2015. Mr. Koller served[...]
Executive Vice-President, Faurecia Interiors
Jean-Michel Renaudie, 49, holds an Engineering Master of Science from SUPELEC. He began his automotive career at Peugeot in 1990. He held various Sales and Programs positions for a range of[...]
Executive Vice-President, Faurecia Clean Mobility
Christophe Schmitt, born in 1959 in Selestat (France), graduated from the University of Colmar (France) where he obtained a Degree in Economics and Controlling (1988) as well as Business Management[...]